RIA maintains an active brief and motion writing practice drafting Opening Briefs, Reply Briefs, Petitions for Panel Rehearing, Motions to Terminate, and Motions to Reopen.
RIA briefs have addressed issues such as:
- adverse credibility in asylum, withholding and CAT cases (before and after implementation of the REAL ID Act);
- persecution of others;
- terrorism allegations;
- persecution on account of a protected ground;
- cancellation of removal – moral character, hardship, and physical presence;
- fraud and hardship waivers;
- naturalization delays;
- reinstatement of removal; and,
- immigration consequences of criminal convictions – crimes involving moral turpitude, aggravated felonies, and record of conviction issues.